Valentine’s Day Popcorn Mix-Warning: It’s Addictive!
I can’t believe Valentine’s Day is almost here. Although it seemed like January was 6 months long, am I right? Sofie and I wanted to make something fun for the boys in our house so we made Valentine’s Day Popcorn Mix.
Note: This blog post contains affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you click the links and make a purchase. I only share links to products I truly love and know you will too!
Amazon Associates Affiliation: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Now, I can’t take credit for this idea. I saw a ton of recipes for similar concoctions all over Pinterest, but there is a lot of creative license when working with these ingredients. In our house, we love M&Ms and I’m happy to have any reason to use them in a recipe.
To prepare, you need 10 cups of popped popcorn. We made ours on the stove top using a heavy stockpot and some olive oil. Olive oil just gives it a really yummy taste. Then gather the candies and sprinkles you want to use. I know there are all kinds of cute Valentine’s Day sprinkles on the market but we waited last minute and couldn’t find any! We used Valentine’s M&Ms and Pretzel M&Ms (just the red ones).
Next, prepare the marshmallow sauce. Take the 4 Tbsp of butter and melt it in a heavy saucepan. Once completely melted, add the 4 cups of mini marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove the sauce from the heat and pour 3/4 of it over the prepared popcorn. Fold until mostly combined, trust me, it won’t be perfect.
In theory, you could stop here and you would have something similar to kettle corn but how fun is that? Spread the popcorn onto your prepared sheet pan and then drizzle with the remaining marshmallow sauce. Then, top with the candy and sprinkles.
Allow the popcorn to cool completely and divide into the treat container of your choice, or just stand there and eat it like we did. We managed to get some good shots of the process before it was devoured.
Let me know if you try this scrumptious Valentine’s Day Popcorn Mix! If you share a picture of your creation on social media, tag me!
Valentine's Day Popcorn
- 10 cups Popped Pop Corn
- 4 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 4 tbsp Salted Butter
- Red Pretzel M&Ms
- Valentine's Mix M&Ms
- Valentine's Sprinkles (or red sprinkles)
- Pop the popcorn and salt liberally, set aside.
- Melt 4 Tbsp butter in a medium saucepan. When the butter is melted, add 4 cups mini marshmallows. Stir until melted and remove from heat.
- Pour 3/4 of the marshmallow sauce over the popcorn and fold together until most of the popcorn is coated.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment and pour the popcorn mixture onto the cookie sheet and flatten out.
- Drizzle the remaining marshmallow sauce over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the M&Ms and sprinkles over the popcorn evenly and to taste.
- Allow to cool and then form into balls or place in treat bags. We made parchment cones which were really cute.